Women in Data Science Scholarship
Gender diversity in tech and data science is still lacking. As the chart on our scholarship website and other research shows women still represent a low percentage of workers in the data science field. Many factors have been cited as contributing to this, one of which is unconscious bias on the part of male hiring managers who have historically dominated the tech and data science sectors. Bias in general is a key driver of the lack of diversity in tech, including data science, data engineering and data analytics fields.
To be eligible for the scholarship, participants must be:
- Female residing in the United States (non-Citizen OK with visa)
- Enrolled full or part-time in a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States during the 2020-2021 school year – data science, business analytics, statistics or computer science, or computer information systems.
- Please note that students enrolled in short term bootcamps, nanodegrees, etc. programs are excluded.
- University certificate programs of 1 year or more in length and online degree programs at a higher education institution are acceptable.
- Provide 1 letter of recommendation – will be submitted with application, can be from anyone, maximum 1 page single spaced, on why you merit this scholarship
How to Apply:
Applicants will be asked to answer a series of questions and to demonstrate achievement, leadership, and initiative in the field of data science. You are also asked to submit 1 letter of reference with your application.
The deadline to submit your application is May 8, 2021. Award will be announced June 1, 2021.
For questions contact email@example.com.