ACWA is the largest statewide coalition of public water agencies in the country. Our more than 430 public agency members collectively are responsible for 90% of the water delivered to cities, farms and businesses in California. For more than a century, our mission has been clear: to help members promote the development, management and use of good quality water at the lowest practical cost and in an environmentally responsible manner.
ACWA serves the water industry and the public by promoting local agencies as the most efficient means of providing water service; sharing reliable scientific and technical information; tracking and shaping state and federal water policy; advocating for sound legislation and regulation; and facilitating cooperation and consensus among all interest groups.
Each year through the ACWA Scholarship Program, ACWA awards two $3,500 scholarships to qualified undergraduate students.
• Applicants must be a California resident at the time of application.
• Applicants must be attending an accredited, University of California or California State University at the start of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
• Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field related to engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, or public administration at the start of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
• Applicants must be at least a junior at the time of the academic year covered by the scholarship.
• Applicants must commit to full-time enrollment (12 semester units or 16 quarter units) for the entire academic year covered by the scholarship.
• Complete Application
• Applicants must submit at least two current letters of recommendation (but no more than three), with at least one of the letters originating from a college professor or employer on business letterhead; all letters of recommendation must include contact information for the letter writer.
• Applicants must submit official transcripts for each college they have attended; acceptable formats include photocopied or scanned official transcripts, or unofficial transcripts issued by the school; however, printed class schedules will not be accepted.
• Applicants must submit an essay responding to specific prompt (no more than 1,000 words).
If you would like to learn more about this scholarship or the application process please visit their website at https://www.acwa.com/about/scholarships/acwa-scholarship/ or click on the Visit button below.
Award: Two recipients of $3,500
Deadline: March 1, 2021