Lupus Inspiration For Excellence (L.I.F.E)
All college students living with lupus are incredibly inspiring and worthy of recognition. Applying for a L.I.F.E. Scholarship is courageous and demonstrates a willingness to help others by sharing your story. Our winners demonstrate exceptional academic merit and a drive to succeed while overcoming the struggles that come with lupus. They have taken a bad situation and turned it into a way to learn about themselves and how courageous they truly are. They are leaders that care about others and their community and are role models to those still learning about this life-altering disease.
• Diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
• Full-time or part-time student working towards an undergraduate or first-year graduate degree. A minimum of six credits enrolled per semester at an accredited United States college or university is required.
• Enrolled at their college or university for the upcoming FALL semester after scholarship is awarded
• Have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Involved in at least one extracurricular activity (e.g., performance group, athletics, clubs/organizations, community service, employment, etc.)
• Demonstrated leadership and is active in their community
• Willing to share their story with others
• Does not hold a graduate degree at the time the application is submitted
• Completed Application Checklist AND Application Form. Note: Checks can only be made to the college stated on the Application Form. If you are graduating from high school and haven’t made a decision yet, please list the colleges you are considering. This option requires you to send an acceptance letter for all colleges mentioned on the Application Form.
• Letter from a physician verifying a diagnosis of SLE
• Copy of a transcript or grade report of the last semester attended
• Minimum of one letter of recommendation from a teacher, faculty member, mentor, coach, club/organization advisor, or employer (excluding family members). Do NOT send more than two recommendation letters. Letters must be written on official letterhead and include the author’s signature.
• An essay of approximately 500 words, typewritten and double-spaced on “How Lupus Has Affected My Life”
• Photo of yourself (only headshots or selfies will be accepted)
• All application documents must be organized and numbered in the order listed above (i.e. 1 of 10; 2 of 10, etc).
To learn more about this scholarship and application process please visit their website at https://www.lifescholarship.org/our-scholarship-program or click on the Visit Button Below.
Awards: 1-2 Recipients of up to $500
Deadlines: July 1, 2021