The Pat Tillman Foundation selects remarkable service members, veterans and military spouses as they look to begin their next chapter as public and private sector leaders. As a Tillman Scholar, you have the opportunity to earn more than a military scholarship; you are part of a network of leaders making an impact.
The Tillman Scholar program is open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
Veteran and active duty military service members from all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces including the National Guard who have served in both pre-and post-9/11 eras.
Current Spouses of veteran or active service members, including surviving spouses
Spouses, veterans and service members who apply must be a full-time* student pursuing one of the following degrees at a public or private, U.S.-based, accredited institution for the upcoming fall/spring academic year:
• An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or above)
*full-time as determined by the institution and program of study to which an applicant is applying
• A graduate or professional degree
• You do not need to be attending a University Partnered school to apply. See video in regards to the University Partnered vs At-Large process for more information.
• Two 400-word essay questions
• Character recommendation from a third party
• A 250-word biography
• Completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and a financial worksheet that includes current budget of all expenses and incomes for household, to include all military benefits.
• Completed Student Aid Report (SAR) generated through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Two photos from military service or with their spouse who is/was in the military
• Proof of Military Service: most recent DD 214, Officer Record Brief, Enlistment Record Brief, Basic Individual Record, Personal Data Record, Performance Summary Record, or Report on individual Personnel.
• Permission for PTF to complete a background check
To learn more about this scholarship and the application process please visit their website at https://pattillmanfoundation.org/tillman-scholars-military-scholarships/ Or click on the Visit Button below.
Deadline: February 28, 2021