Gertrude Dee Roeder Scholarship
- Be enrolled in a Nursing program at a school in the State of California.
- Be residents of Ventura County, California.
- Have graduated from a high school or preparatory school in Ventura County, California.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend full-time any recognized institution in the State of California whose school of nursing is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Additional Desired Qualification:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstration of scholastic aptitude.
- Demonstration of potential for success in the nursing program.
- Demonstration of moral and ethical ideals.
- This scholarship is for one year only; however, current recipients may reapply and be considered for additional funding along with other new applicants. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time. Scholarship recipients are limited to four total years of scholarship award and are expected to have been enrolled consecutive years during that time.
Eligible applicants can apply at:
What constitutes a complete application packet:
- Official transcript with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the latest fall semester.
- One SIGNED letter of recommendation from a nursing professor or clinical faculty member.
- Student Authorization and Acknowledgements Form, found in the online application, signed by the scholarship candidate.
- Personal statement/essay:
- Submit a one-page signed personal statement explaining why the scholarship is important to you. Include your college and career plans.
- List of academic honors, leadership skills, community service, etc.
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- W8 or W9 IRS Form, as applicable. This form must be completed by the applicant.
Note:Each item should include both the applicant’s name and name of the scholarship at the top of the page.
- To be considered for a scholarship, applications and all supporting documentation must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on February 10, 2022.