Clean Up Expert Scholarship
At Cleanup.Expert, our primary mission is to help homeowners find quality cleaning products they can afford. However, one of our secondary missions is to help make young people’s academic dreams a glorious reality.
That’s why we’re so incredibly excited to announce Cleanup.Expert’s 2022 Scholarship Program. The two students we select as contest winners will get money for college.
There are two scholarships available: one for $2,000 and one for $3,500. We encourage all high school seniors and individuals already enrolled in college to apply. Tuition must be for an accredited US institution.
Our contest is a way for students to look at the technology behind the home cleaning solutions we offer on our website in a thought-provoking, intriguing, and imaginative way. Students may write an essay or film a video on a topic of our choosing.
Students Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens
- High school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited U.S. college or Students currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. college
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
Topics for Essay or Video
For your submission, please write an essay of (1,800 to 2,500 words) or create a video that’s (15 to 20 minutes) long about one of the thirteen topics listed below:
- Let’s say you use a time machine to whisk yourself 30 years into the future. How have automatic pool cleaners changed in the three decades from the current era to the time you now find yourself in?
- Pretend you’re going to create your own business cleaning people’s residences and other property using pressure washers. Create a compelling business plan that’s sure to capture the eyes of investors.
- Describe in detail the top five game-changing innovations in the history of floor mops. How did each alteration in the floor-cleaning device design impact the world?
- Let’s say you’ve just been hired as a tester of robot mops. Describe the process you would use to decide which model was the best.
- Write a fun sci-fi short story or film about robotic pool cleaners becoming so technologically sophisticated that they spontaneously attain sentience. In your hypothetical narrative, how did this event come about, and what does it mean for humanity? Are they still willing to clean their owners’ pools, or do they have something else in mind?
- How are gas pressure washers better than electric ones? What jobs are they best suited for?
- What are the strengths of electric pressure washers? What are their limitations?
- What are the attributes of the ideal steam mop? How can you make them better?
- Your mission: create a company that exclusively produces a line of high-quality spin mops. How could you get consumers ecstatic about buying something some people consider a bit on the humdrum side?
- What are flying robot vacuums and how close are they to becoming a reality?
- Create a hypothetical window cleaning robots marketing campaign. Describe the kind of advertising you would use, your target demographic, and what marketing channels you would rely on.
- What are the most exciting innovations in air purifiers these days? How will these innovations help consumers keep their indoor air more breathable?
- What kind of jobs are handheld upholstery cleaners best suited for? What are the advantages and disadvantages of them compared to the canister types?
- What theft deterrent features does a robotic lawn mower have? How do these systems work? How can you improve upon these features to make robo-mowers even less likely to be stolen?
Starting Date: January 5, 2022
Deadline: July 5, 2022
Winner Announcement: July 10, 2022
1st Place: $3,500
2nd Place: $2,000
How to Apply
Interested students must fill out the application form below to apply. From there, students can upload their essays directly. For video entries, students should upload to YouTube and submit a link to their video. They must also provide proof of enrollment to an accredited U.S. college or their most recent college transcript.
The essay or video entry must address one of 14 topics listed above. Submissions should be creative, engaging, and thought-provoking. We want to see logical arguments that challenge us to think about the issues at hand. Essays should be grammatically correct and be free of typos, and videos should be free of audio and visual errors.