Mission: The LS Foundation (“LSF”) is a private, independent foundation established by Laurence Louis Spitters. One of its missions is to provide financial assistance to exceptionally promising students who are pursuing a college education and have financial unmet need.
Selection Criteria for Recipients:
- Attending CSU Chico as an undergraduate first year or transfer student in the upcoming academic year
- CA resident
- Evidence of motivation and ambition to succeed in life
- Academic ability and achievements
- Severity of applicant’s unmet financial need
- Evidence of demonstrated leadership, initiative, and service to others
- Evaluation of applicant’s statement responses in application
Terms and Conditions: A scholarship recipient may be required to execute a Scholarship Agreement prior to any grant being paid. The Scholarship Agreement details the following: amount, duration, renewal and revocation of scholarship; academic standards; payment of scholarship; Scholar’s responsibilities; and other matters. Each recipient is required to maintain fulltime enrollment and GPA standards in order to receive renewal.