P.E.O. Projects - Women Helping Women Reach for the Stars
This external scholarship posting is to the P.E.O Projects website, where you can review the various different scholarships they provide, and their individual deadlines. (This is not a posting for a single scholarship, but to a page with multiple different scholarship options, that vary in their dates, deadlines, and awards)
P.E.O. was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. This circle of kindred spirits – bonded by their enthusiasm for women’s opportunities – eventually expanded to include women off campus as well. Through membership, the P.E.O. Sisterhood has brought together more than a half a million women in the United States and Canada who are passionate about helping women advance through education, while supporting and motivating them.
As of April 2022, P.E.O. has awarded:
- Educational Loan Fund dollars totaling $235.9 million
- International Peace Scholarships totaling $45.4 million
- Program for Continuing Education grants totaling $67.6 million
- Scholar Awards totaling $32.1 million
- P.E.O. STAR Scholarships totaling $17.2 million.
- Grant, loan and award recipients – as well as Cottey College students – need not be members of P.E.O. With the exception of international students who receive International Peace Scholarships, each recipient is sponsored by a P.E.O. chapter. This allows the chapter members to be a meaningful part of “their” student’s life.