Foster Care to Success Scholarship
Foster Care to Success (FC2S) understands. We are the oldest and largest national nonprofit organization working solely with college bound foster youth. For over 30 years we have helped them navigate the tricky waters of academia, understand the importance of personal fiscal responsibility, determine achievable career goals, and create networks of friendship and support. Since 1981, over 50,000 foster youth have received information, advice, support or funding from Foster Care to Success, helping them to transition from care to adulthood through education.
We help by providing tuition grants as well as book money, living stipends and emergency funding for the unexpected expenses that could derail the most dedicated student on a tight budget. We also provide academic coaches, personal mentors, care packages and internship opportunities to the 5,000 young people we serve annually, enabling them to enjoy a college completion rate many times that of their peers who lack such support.
• Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship after their 16th birthday; OR have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday and not subsequently adopted
• Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received scholarship funding from Foster Care to Success
• Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is not required.
• Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other postsecondary school
• NOTE: This is an undergraduate scholarship only.
To learn more about this scholarship and the application process please visit their website at https://www.fc2success.org/our-programs/information-for-students/ or click on the visit button below.
Award: $2,500 to $5,000
Deadline: March 31, 2021